CBD Dosage Calculators
Are you a complete beginner to CBD and not sure what your next steps are? We know how personalized an individuals journey to holistic wellness can be, which is why CBD dosage is not a one size fits all.
Hōlus takes a unique approach to CBD dosage in the form of three easy to use and understand CBD dosage calculators.
Dosing is typically in the tincture or gummy category. Topicals do not necessarily require an exact amount for you to feel the physical relief. Our calculators fall into this category, both for dog and human
How Does A CBD Dosage Calculator Work?
A CBD dosage calculator calculates your dosage based on your unique purpose, body structure, and CBD strength. We do all the work for you, so you don’t have to! CBD dosage is a balancing act and our calculators are here to help you find your right balance.
Our CBD dosage calculators take multiple things into questions, one of which is your personal weight. If you are an average 245 lb male football player, you would require a higher dosage compared to the average 104-127 lb 5’3 female. The higher the individuals bodyweight, the more likely they will have a higher dosage to get the right balance.
When searching for CBD oil online, you will come across labels and descriptions referring to “potency”. This means the amount of CBD that is in that particular tincture. It is labeled in millegrams (mg).
A low potency would typically be 100mg, like our cleansing face serum while a high potency would be a 5,000+ tincture like this citrus 5,000mg high potency tincture. You’re dosage not only depends on your weight, but also the potency of your product.
After taking into consideration your bodyweight and potency, we ask for volume to calculate your CBD potency per every milliliter of oil (ml). Rule of thumb is to take your tinctures potency divided by the volume of liquid.
Number of Doses Per Day
Our calculator asks you for the number of doses per day. No more than 1500mg should be taken per day. Our calculator adjusts accordingly to how many times you would like to take your dose per day. Normally people take it 2-3 times daily, but one can go up to seven.
Low, Medium, or High Dose?
Why are you wanting to try CBD? When our dosage calculators asks for low, medium or high dose, we are assessing your purpose for taking CBD. We want your experience to be fantastic and we know everyone has different goals in mind. Three options are given to you.
- Low: general health, balance, relaxation, focus
- Medium: restlessness, headaches, recovery
- High: muscle soreness, irritations, joint discomfort, demanding relief, or other tenderness
Each scenario is different. Someone who has a hard time focusing would not take the same amount of CBD as someone who needs heavy recovery after a track meet. Your purpose for taking CBD plays a role in our calculations for your best interest.
CBD Dosage Calculator Help
CBD dosing can get frustrating for any beginner because of the common problem of, “I don’t feel anything.” We feel your frustration and know that this is completely normal. Have patience with yourself, it takes some experimenting with CBD and your body to discover what fits you.
Want some expert tips? Here are some Hōlus Pro Beginner Tips:
- Start strong in consistency with your product dose. Consistency allows for clear measurement.
- Your goals will likely change over time and when this happens, your dosing will need adjustments. So just recalculate.
- If you are looking to bring balance in your busy lifestyle, make an effort to incorporate your dosage into your morning routine.
- Keep a journal of your journey. You may be a terrible journal keeper, but we say try it because it is a lifesaver when your gaols change and thus your dosage too.
- Observe your environment and how your dose impacts certain settings and circumstances.
Our starter kit is very popular among our new customers and CBD beginners. It includes all three CBD product types in one cute bundle, including the exclusive kit only holus branded bag! Give it a try!
- Pick one of our 8 CBD oil gummy flavors
- Pick one of our 3 CBD oil flavor
- Our best seller, the one and only CBD roll on
All products included are labeled as THC-ND. It is CBD industry terminology for a CBD product with a non-detectable THC level. Products that contain 0.3% THC are termed as full spectrum.